World Bicycle Day draws attention to the benefits of using the bicycle – a simple, clean, and environmentally fit sustainable means of transportation.
Why celebrate the bicycle?
The United Nations established World Bicycle Day for many reasons. As basic as it is, the impact of the bicycle on society is quite transformative — even the poorest people get access to basic transport with the bicycle.
Regular physical activity of moderate intensity – such as walking, cycling, or doing sports – has significant benefits for health.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), safe infrastructure for walking and cycling is also a pathway for achieving greater health equity. For the poorest urban sector, who often cannot afford private vehicles, walking and cycling can provide a form of transport while reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, certain cancers, diabetes, and even death. Accordingly, improved active transport is not only healthy; it is also equitable and cost-effective.
Meeting the needs of people who walk and the cycle continues to be a critical part of the mobility solution for helping cities de-couple population growth from increased emissions and to improve air quality and road safety.
World Bicycle Day is observed as cycling has tremendous health benefits for all age groups, according to experts. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic and ahead of World Environment Day, it is important to mention that cycling has once again proved it’s the better mode of transport – affordable, environment-friendly and healthy.The COVID-19 pandemic has also led many cities to rethink their transport systems
Bicycle is a familiar and close means for everyone, when you are young you can use Bike for school, when you are older you can use Bike for Work, some people are even advised to use regular bicycles. regularly to improve health.
With the meanings and benefits of bicycles, we have produced a number of 3D card templates with bicycle models according to the requirements of each customer that needs to be customized.
Creatively designed 3D pop-up greeting cards, Handmade papercraft high-quality paper Art. Greetings card opens to reveal a 3D pop-up design showing a bicycle. Include envelope Fantastic card for your significant other, family and friends.
World Bicycle Day: 10 reasons why bicycles are good for our planet and health
- Increased bicycle use means lower greenhouse gas emissions
- Cycling contributes to the mitigation of carbon dioxide emissions as it possesses an intrinsic zero-emission value.
- Cycling helps awareness about the local environment and sustainable consumption and production.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), “safe infrastructure for walking and cycling is also a pathway for achieving greater health equity”.
- Cycling leads to increased cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength and flexibility, according to fitness experts.
- It improves joint mobility and helps decrease stress levels.
- Cycling is an age-old fun activity; truly exhilarating and liberating.
- Amid the pandemic, when most of us have been forced to become couch potatoes, cycling is a great activity with family or friends if the local Covid guidelines allow.
- Cycling in groups gives people more time to socialize, share thoughts and spend time together.
- Cycling saves money. Bikes are free to ride and a stress-free mode of travel.
By using a bicycle model 3D card, you can influence bicycle use behavior by spreading the image of a bicycle on World Bicycle Day. When you want to design a custom 3D bike card, contact me at Popupcard3dvn@gmail.com for more 3D card templates and quotes.
Reference: internationaleventday.com; ndtv.com