While some businesses go to great lengths to build rapport with customers, with elaborate promotional gifts or trying out various customer experience strategies, the purpose of every thank-you note is to express gratitude. A simple card with a personalized handwritten note is all you need. It’s a great way to make a great impression, whether you’re reaching out to a new client or connecting with returning customers. Like we mentioned earlier, this form of word-of-mouth marketing is highly effective
Why Should I Send Thank You Cards to Customer/Clients?
When you make writing thank you cards for your business part of your business strategy, you set yourself up for increased customer retention, referrals, and satisfaction. Here’s why:
- Shows Customer/Clients You Care: Make sure they know they matter! Customers appreciate knowing you genuinely enjoyed a transaction or interaction with them. A thank you note is a great way to call out and reinforce something of value in your business relationship—maybe a laugh you shared, common ground discovered regarding family or kids, or a challenging project you collaborated on together.
- Offers a Personal Touch: A thank you note reminds your customers that you’re a small business and you appreciate their supporting you. One of the key reasons customers buy from you is because they value small businesses and want to see them thrive. When you send a thank you note you are reinforcing the value they place on supporting operations just like yours where personal attention is at a premium.
- Reminds You What’s Important: Writing a thank you card serves as a built-in opportunity for you to reflect on what makes a good customer, a good transaction, or a good resolution to a client problem. Often we want our business model to include quiet reflection on where we’ve been and where we’re going. Writing thank you cards helps get us in that mindset—even if we’re dashing them off over lunch and popping them in the mail on the way home.
The importance of thank you cards is to reinforce a positive experience or turn a less than perfect transaction into a win. Popular occasions to send small business thank you cards include:
- Event: Send a thank you note to attendees. Mention a goal achieved, industry advanced, or connections made thanks to their attendance.
- Donation: Thank donors at all levels for their involvement. If they’re a smaller donor, stress the importance that every donation makes in getting noticed and exacting change.
- Major Purchase: Let the homeowner or new car buyer know you enjoyed working with them and are here for them as questions arise (this is sure to set you apart from the competition, which may plan to run before the ink dries on the loan documents).
- Client Anniversary: Long-term customers cost less and spend more.1 Take a few moments to recognize the value of your biggest fans with a thank you card at the one-year, five-year, or 10-year mark.
Avoid Common Mistakes
When writing a thank you card to a customer, there are a few common mistakes people tend to make that make their cards seem a bit off.
Overly marketing-sounding; customer appreciation cards are meant to be human-sounding. If your card is filled with very gimmicky, inhuman lingo, that’s just ineffective, and it’ll make your loyal customers feel like they’re just a checkbox being ticked.
Not thanking them for any future purchases; preemptively thanking your customers for any purchases they make in the future is a simple tactic any marketer can use to both improve customer experience and also increase chances of repeat customers. In the business world, the psychological feeling of genuine gratitude for something that hasn’t happened yet is likely to lead to another purchase. There doesn’t necessarily need to be a special occasion or reason for sending your card.
Not taking the extra effort to personalize; there must be some sort of creativity involved when it comes to a handwritten thank you card. If it just sounds like a generic paragraph you copied straight off of our website, do you really expect your customers to feel appreciated? Make it clear that you’re a real person who cares about them, go the extra mile.
Thank You 3D Popup Cards
Showing sincere appreciation is one of the easiest ways to build a closer relationship with your customers. A simple expression of gratitude can create a good customer experience and improve how someone views your company.
Customer appreciation is the art of showing gratitude toward your customers. It’s a consistent and unselfish approach to engagement that tells customers you value them. This can include things from including a thank-you 3D Popup card with first purchases to sending valued customers exclusive deals.
A great thank you message in a unique 3D Popup Card, not only shows you care about your customers, but can also encourage customers to share their experience with family and friends.
To thank all the people who have trusted us during these 10 years, we have launched an exclusive promotion for any customer about design costs, production costs base on the number of products. Please contact us and leave information in the contact section to receive the best discount for you.