Mother’s Day with 3D Popup Card for your mom, grandma or any other special lady in your life.
The origins of Mothering Sunday
Ancient history and mythology is filled with stories about special mothers, but the roots of the British Mother’s Day, or Mothering Sunday as it was originally known, are in the 17th century.
At that time many young people were ‘in service’ and seldom allowed out. It became a custom for employers to give staff a day off on the fourth Sunday of Lent so that they could visit their parents and their mother church. They took gifts, often including Simnel cake, a light fruit cake associated with Easter. Consequently, the day was referred to as ‘Simnel Sunday’ and visits were called ‘going a-mothering’ – hence Mothering Sunday.
The Date of Mother’s Day around the world
While in the UK Mother’s Day continues to be celebrated on the 4th Sunday of Lent, in other parts of the world Mother’s are remembered on different dates – Polish Mother’s Day is on 26th May for example. Many countries celebrate on the second Sunday in May, following the lead of the USA. The origins for this come from the USA, where Mother’s Day was first celebrated in 1908 after Anna Jarvis, a daughter from Philadelphia, held a memorial for her mother who had organized women’s groups to promote friendship and health. Within five years virtually every State was observing the day, and in 1914 U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signed a proclamation designating Mother’s Day the second Sunday in May.
Do you know ?
- British ‘mums’ opened 30 million cards on Mothering Sunday 2021 (Source: The Greeting Card Association Annual Market Report which covers UK greeting card sales for single greeting cards in 2021 compared to 2020. The report shows a strong ‘bounce back’ from 2020 when retail sales were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and closure of many non-essential retailers for long periods. )
- The average price of a Mother’s Day card in 2021 was £2.27. (Source: Greeting Card Association Consumer Survey Report conducted in summer 2021. This includes information on changes in purchasing during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.)
- The UK population are a nation of cards senders – sending more cards per capita than any other nation.
- The UK greeting card market bounced back in 2021 after the disruption to retail sales due COVID19 lockdowns.
Mother’s Day is now as established calendar event where we annually remember and celebrate our mum’s. Mothering Sunday has gradually become known as Mother’s Day in the UK too, however here it continues to be celebrated on the fourth Sunday in lent, which was originally the day of St Anne, mother of the Virgin Mary. In the US and other countries Mother’s Day continues to be the second Sunday in May, so a few lucky mothers that have sons or daughters living in the USA have two special days every year!
If you want to wish the special woman in your life a very happy Mother’s Day, use a 3D popup greeting card to make her day as special. If you’d like some creative ideas for what to write in their Mother’s Day 3D cards, you’ve come to the right article, sometimes the best way to express your feelings is to keep the sentiment short and sweet.
When Mother’s Day approaches, it’s time to start thinking about how you’ll show your appreciation for your mom, mother-in-law, grandma, or other mother figures in your life. To help you find the perfect way to express your gratitude — as well as thoughtful sentiments from the little ones in your family — we’ve brought together our best New Mother’s Day 3D popup card 2023.
Write in a Mother’s Day Card
- Thanks for giving me the best things in life: Your love, your care, and your cooking. Happy Mother’s Day!
- May your Mother’s Day be filled with as much happiness as you brought to my childhood.
- May all the love you gave to us come back to you a hundredfold on this special day!
- Wishing you all the love and happiness you so richly deserve… happy Mother’s Day!
- You’re the best! Thanks for all you do. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for always being there, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Wishing you a fabulous Mother’s Day! You’re the best mom I could have asked for.
- Wishing you a very special Mother’s Day. Thank you for always being there for me!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the greatest mom I could ever have asked for.
- To the most amazing mom in the entire universe… you! Happy Mother’s Day. Thanks for being so awesome!
- To the best mom in the world, Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for being chief cook, counselor, taxi driver, cheerleader, and best all-round mom in the world.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the greatest mom! We don’t say it enough, but we really appreciate all that you do for us every day. You truly are the glue that holds our family together!
- We hope you have an amazing Mother’s Day, Mom, and that you feel truly appreciated on your special day.
Reference: gca.cards; homemade-gifts-made-easy.com